The Salvation Army exists to meet human need wherever, whenever and however we can. With our brand promise of Doing the Most Good, The Salvation Army offers employees a greater sense of purpose and an opportunity to be an essential part of a highly respected organization.
Located in West Nyack, NY the Eastern Territorial Headquarters has an opening for an SQL Server Developer.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Master Data Management, the SQL Server Developer will support the development and operations of the organizations data warehouse, business intelligence and fundraising infrastructure. The candidate should have experience with SQL server and integration applications such as SSIS and Dell Boomi. The candidate should also have experience managing data, conducting data hygiene and transferring it via API or SFTP. The candidate may directly work directly with stakeholders as needed for the development of various projects and may work with IT on other requirements as needed.
• Use of Agile methodologies and Jira
• The use of SQL Server Integration studio for the purpose of data processing, ETL, and automation
• Proficiency writing SQL queries and scripts
• Proficiency in how data warehouses work and experience developing them
• Experience using Dell Boomi, Mulesoft or other integration applications
• Familiarity with Salesforce and how it works
• Experience managing file transfers and data exchanges
• Ability to work independently and with little direct supervision
• Ability to react quickly to changing requirements
• Troubleshoot issues as needed
• Document processes and operational procedures
• Work with other IT developers in resolving issues related to data/workflows
• Execute test plans and document results and discrepancies
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is required. Four years of related experience can be used in lieu of a degree. An advanced degree or certification is preferred
• 2-5+ years of related professional information technology experience
• Two years or more of experience with ETL/Integration applications SSIS, Dell Boomi, Informatica or other related applications
• Ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner
• Experience integrating data warehouses to CRM or Marketing Automation applications is preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.ã€€